CORSTORPHINE DOWER HOUSE – ST MARGARETS PARK
Built around 1660 by one of the Lords Forrester whose family had bought the lands of Corstorphine in 1347 and built Corstorphine castle. There is no trace of the castle now except a very large doocot. The Dower House was known as Gibson lodge when owned by the Gibson family from the end of the 18th century. It now stands in St Margarets Park which was laid out in 1927. The house was badly damaged by fire in 1991 but restored and it now occupied by the Corstorphine Trust.